Monday, February 8, 2010

Precious, quiet moments

I had to put this down on "paper".

A few minutes ago, Olivia was calling for me when she was suppose to be going to sleep. Keep in mind she has been in bed for almost 2 hours. But our conversation went from one of disobeying to both of us crying.

Whitney: What Olivia!

Olivia: I am scared.

Whitney: Of what?

Olivia: My lamp.

Whitney: Your lamp???....What about your lamp scares you?

Olivia: The silver part. (the base)

Whitney: Why does that scare you?

Olivia: It just does. And the white part on the green part.

Whitney: You mean the shade?

Olivia: Yes.

Whitney: Do you see the dragon flies on your shade?

Olivia: Yeah

Whitney: What does that remind you of?

Olivia: Mimi....she got real quite

Whitney: See you don't have to be scared Mimi is always near you. Dragon flies are her favorite and you have them on your shade close to you.

Olivia: ......tears start falling.......she is very quiet and softly cries.

Whitney: Why are you crying baby?

Olivia: ....because I miss Mimi and Grand.....can they please just come live with us and stay forever?

Whitney: .......tears start to stream down my face......I miss them too baby.....tears down my face.....but they had to go home and take care of Papaw. He needs them to be there right now.

Olivia: But will they come back?

Whitney: ......I picked her up and rocked her.....tears streaming down both our faces. Yes baby they will. They will be back next month.

Olivia: But that is so far away....like forever!

Whitney: I know pumpkin but they have to work too.....we rock and cry......then I ask her if she is ready for bed now.

Olivia: Not really but okay.

Whitney: No more tears....Remember Mimi and Grand love you so much.



I guess this is another reason to Skype hun? I am checking it out as we speak to know what to do. I can't have anymore nights like that. My heart broke tonight for her.

2 comments:

  1. This is the hardest part about following the Lord for me. Sweet, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel my love. We have skype too so when you set it up let us know so we can skype too!! i love you and can't wait to see you on monday!

    ReplyDelete