As many of you all know I never wanted to be a pastor's wife. I told Travis from day one when he told me he felt called to the ministry that I AM NOT A PASTOR'S WIFE. Not because I didn't' think I could do it or be good at it but because I didn't want to try to be something I am not or put under someone else's microscope. However, God had my life laid out for me already and he knew my ultimate calling would be a pastor's wife. So here is what it means to me to be a pastor's wife.
I promised myself that I would never be fake in anything I did. If I didn't want to do it I would be honest and say I don't want to do it in a kind loving way. I would not be fake as I met new people I would be gracious that the Lord is allowing me to meet them and hopefully touch their life in some way. I would honor my husband and children in everything I do so that they would be proud to say that is my wife or that is my mom. I would honor my church no matter where we are. I would be honored that the Lord has placed me in a church that has Godly women that I will strive to be like and Godly men who lead the church for His glory. I will be humble as I continue to take on the role as pastor's wife and do my family, my church and MY GOD proud with how I conduct myself for his glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment