Thursday, January 13, 2011

Goodbye Galbladder

After years...yes I said years of being sick I am finally on the up swing. I know this sounds crazy but as of Tuesday night I have been free of sickness. I started getting really sick about 4 months ago. Even the grocery store made me sick...the smells all mixed together really set me off. And depending on what I ate....I would probably be sick. My doctor sent me for an ultrasound thinking it would be my gallbladder. The test came back negative, no stones or sludge. Still thinking it was my gallbladder he sent me for a contrast CT scan....negative it showed nothing. However, I am so thankful my doctor didn't give up, he sent me for a HIDA scan which showed my gallbladder was not functioning properly. (65% and above is considered normal, mine was at a 14% function level. So not good.) So I knew it had to come out the key now was just when. I was scheduled to see the surgeon Jan. 11 and have it taken out on the 12th. However, the surgeon called me on the 11th to check on me since I had to reschedule my appointment due to weather. When I told him how sick I was that day and all my symptoms he said if you can make it to Raleigh to Rex hospital I will get that gallbladder out tonight. So we picked up Isabella early from school and headed to Rex. We got there about 4:30 and I was prepped and ready to go into surgery bu 5:40. And that is the last thing I remember until I woke up gallbladder free in the recovery room. I am so thankful that I had a doctor who cared enough to keep pushing test to find out what was wrong and a surgeon who cared enough to call and check on me personally. I am now 48 hours past surgery and I am still very sore but so thankful that I can eat and drink now without getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment