Sunday, September 9, 2012

A new path

As a mother this is one of the hardest post I will probably ever write. Things in the Henderson house have been stressful to say the least. The girls have been back in school for close to a month so they have gotten in the groove. This has given me time to do things around the house I didn't do during the summer. Or so we thought our lives were back in a normal routine. Everything changed in the blink of an eye.

For sometime now Isabella would have these fits (as we would call them). Some were uncontrollable, some were just her being 10 and then others were, well scary. The ones she would have when she was just being 10 I could deal with. However, the ones that were uncontrollable or scary I had no clue how to deal with. They weren't very frequent so we didn't think about them to much. However, all this changed a week and half ago. Isabella had her first attack. A week later she had another one. The next day another one. She has had multiple ones a day in the last few days. The last one was the worst.

I took her to the doctor Tuesday and she was diagnosised with Panic Attack Disorder. Wow! This was a hard blow. She began to cry. She wanted to know why she had to have something like this. Why was she cursed with it. Our ped (who I absolutely adore, who is a Christian woman with 4 daughters) knew how to respond. God gave her the words to tell my daughter to make the blow not so bad. She explained the Panic Disorder is hereditary. It is like anything else, some genes carry it and you get it and others don't. She explained that she (our ped) is hard of hearing, her daughter is hard of hearing, her brother is hard of hearing and her father is too. It is something she could not control and it is what it is. Now lets figure out what to do. She told us about our options and the ones she thought would work best for Isabella. So we have a plan and we are taking action to begin to control these. It may take awhile to get them under control but with our peds help we are on the way. 

I had no clue what Panic Disorder was other than what our ped told me. So I began to research it. If you are curious here is a link: Panic Disorder  I have read hundreds of sites this describes it best.



No comments:

Post a Comment