Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weight Loss Update

I have not posted in awhile about my weight loss. This journey I started months back has been trying at times, depressing at times and EXCITING at times. Before I started this journey I got on my knees and prayed. Prayed that God would give me the strength and will power to do this, not only for my girls (because I wanted to be healthy enough and active enough to do things with them) but for MYSELF.

So this morning when I stepped on the scales, I thought....remember you can do this no matter what the scale says. As I waited for the numbers to come up it felt like forever....then....207 popped up and I gasped, another pound!! Oh yeah, oh yeah. (for those of you who know me well, I did my cheesy oh yeah dance) That is 33 pounds total. I can see that 40 pound mark just at the end of the tunnel and it looks so good.

I had set a goal for myself to be in a size 16 by August. Well I am happy to say that I did get in some of my 16. On Sunday I wore a 16 Old Navy black knee length skirt. (my mom got me this skirt 3 years ago and I am just now able to wear it) I can't tell you how good it felt putting on that skirt and it zipped without me sucking it in or having to really work to zip it. It felt GOOD! I also put on my size 16 jeans this morning and they are almost there. I can get them buttoned just not completely zipped. Which I refuse to get discouraged about. I guess my mind set in the begin was that with 30 pounds all my old clothes should fit again....well not true. After 2 kids your body changes. It changes where fat deposits first, it changes shape, it changes the way fat comes off. So even though 33 pounds is no longer on my body my body shape has changed and I have to accept that. So I just keep going, trying to work off the fat that I still have in excess areas and I am now trying to really tone. I mean I don't want the skin under my upper arm to keep waving after I have stopped waving.

So my next goal is to get my 16 blue jeans zipped by the end of September and to working toward a size 14 (which I hope to be close to around Christmas).

Please continue to pray that God will give me strength and will power to keep this journey going.

3 comments:

  1. My sweet daughter, I am sooo very proud of you. You are beautiful at any weight, but I am glad you are becoming healthier. Keep up the hard work. I love you always and forever!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Whitney!! That is great and I know that you must feel so proud!!

    ReplyDelete