Thursday, July 22, 2010
Almost time
Well we have been in Knoxville for almost a month. As this week comes to a close we are starting to pack things up to get ready to head back to Potecasi on Saturday. I have to say I am both looking forward to going back and sad about going back. Potecasi is the place where God has placed us and it is becoming "home" more everyday. After being home (the place where we were raised) for almost a month we have again come to love so many of the things Knoxville has to offer. First, ALL of our family is here, the girls have seen at least one set of their grandparents everyday, aunts and uncles at least every other day and their great grandfather many times. Second, they have been swimming almost everyday and they are like water dogs and had to get out of the water. Third, we have gotten together with so many friends and had so much fun. So returning to Potecasi seems hard.....however, I have been preparing my girls to return "home". I keep reminding them that we are so blessed to be called by God to serve him in one of the most awesome ways, we get to share and spread the gospel. I know the transition back to home and our "normal" routine will be difficult for a few days and we will probably be sad but we will keep our heads held high and remember what an awesome God we serve. I also reminded them that there are many people in Potecasi who love them and are looking forward to seeing them and having them home. I think I have stoked Isabella up about school since she starts a few weeks after we get back which will keep her mind off the people she will miss. My daily prayers are for my family. That our transition back to Potecasi will be smooth and uneventful. That Isabella's behavior will only reflect the love of Christ even when she is extremely sad and missing those we are leaving behind. That as a wife and mother I can be a strong hold for my family and that they can rely on me for normalcy as we get back to the routine. That I will be strong as well, I am such a home body so being away from family tears me up daily but I turn to the Lord and pray for strength. So as you say your prayers please keep us in them. Our time in Knoxville has been amazing and fun but our future in Potecasi serving our Almighty Lord will be amazing and fun as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you had such a good time at home and were able to go home for that long and be with family. I know it was a much needed break from the norm and refreshing as well! I love you and look forward to seeing you sometime soon!
ReplyDelete