Harry Willard Cornelius
May 13, 1924- July 4, 2011
(aka Papaw Cornelius)
This week I lost this amazing man. He was know by many names, Harry, dad, papaw, grandpa, great grandpa. I knew him by Papaw. He has been my Papaw for 32 years. He has watched me grow up, taught me to fish, took me "camping", taught me about God and the beauty of His Earth, saw me graduate, go off to college, came to see me at college, danced with me at my wedding, held my babies when they were only hours old, saw us off when we moved to NC, drove hours to celebrate Olivia's 1st birthday, drove hours again to watch and celebrate Isabella's baptism, rejoiced with us as we accepted our first church, spent hours at the beach with my family and held my and told me he was gonna be alright just days before the Lord called him home. These are only a few of the precious memories I have of the man I called Papaw. Since memories are all I have left now I will cherish them forever and share them with my girls as they get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment