On July 31 when we went for Travis his call to preach, we were all excited and super nervous. (As any wife in the ministry with children will understand, we wanted the girls to be themselves but also be on their best behavior.) Honestly I was so nervous that Isabella would get really mouthy or Olivia would be army crawling under the pews and peeling her crayons that day. But it went really well! I dropped the girls off at their new Sunday School class. They were both a little clingy but....they had a blast!!! Olivia came out and said, "Mommy, I love my new Sunday School. I want this to be my new church." This warmed my heart!! Isabella loved it too. She loved talking to all the people and the sweet ladies who just wanted to fuss over her and make her feel like this is her church home. Their love for my daughter brought tears to my eyes. And the love these sweet people have showed Travis and I is indescribable! They have loved us like we were their own since day one.
It brought tears to my eyes last night when we attended the evening service and as we walked in we were greeted with, yeahs, welcome home pastor, we are so glad you are ours, we love you. It made my heart melt!
God has put an amazing adventure before us. We are on our home front. The stomping ground we(I) grew up in. I went to school with some of our church members kids and Travis knows a few of them from school. We can relate to these people, we can understand their hurts, their wants, their loves, their pain. We feel blessed to have this opportunity to serve with body of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment