I think I posted about our toddler bed years ago. But Olivia will be going into a twin bed soon and I wanted to remember what it looked like in her room..... when she was so small. (tears...)
This bed was built by my Great Grandfather somewhere around 1922. (that makes it 90 years old) It was built for my Grandmother to use since her sister was on the way and she needed to be out of the baby bed. My favorite thing about the bed is the rich family history that is part of it. 4 generations have slept in this bed and it has been passed down for years. It has been painted many times, recovered many times, it has been covered in stickers, heard many bedtime stories, dried many tears, heard I love yous and heard many prayers. It is history.
Here is the history of this bed: my Grandmother was the first to sleep in this bed, her sister Hattie, their little sister Rachel, my Uncle, my Mom, me, my brother, Isabella and finally Olivia.
Olivia will be the last to sleep in the bed until my girls have kids. (if they choose to use it) It makes me sad to see this bed leaving our home. It has been in our home for 9 years now. (since Isabella started sleeping in it when she was 1 1/2.) I am thankful for something that has been in our family for so long and the fact that I can pass it and its rich history on to my girls. (it will be well over a 100 years old by then)


No comments:
Post a Comment