Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cades Cove Weekend






Last weekend we headed to Cades Cove for a church breakfast which turned out to be more like a family reunion. (considering Travis is related to 75% of the church by blood or marriage, this is not the church we are serving at. this is the church her grew up in.) After breakfast we headed around the 11 mile loop in Cades Cove. Isabella opted to walk the 5 mile loop with Sissy (her great aunt), Norma (her/our cousin) and a Fran (a friend). She made it every step and never complained. She even crossed a flooded road. Travis, myself, his mom, his sister and Olivia took off in the van to do the 11 mile loop and stop at a few of the different sites. We have all seen them 100 times but it has been at least 5 years if not longer since I have been up there and this is where my family heritage began. My grandmother use to go and stay with her Aunt Becky Cable when she was young. (Aunt Becky's house is the big white one at the end of the Cove by the visitor's center.) It was like being back in history. I love it up there!




There is nothing quite as beautiful as these mountains. (well at lest to me) They melt my heart and scream out to my soul. These are the mountains I was born in and the mountains I pray one day I die in. They have left their stamp on my life and they are now leaving their stamps on my girls lives.





No comments:

Post a Comment