
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Kindness
Let me start off by saying I am posting as a mom, with a mom's heart and a mom's mind. My heart is heavy for my daughter. My daughter is 10, she is a child. An intelligent child, who thinks things through, who ask questions and wants to know why, who reads just to know something, who is giving and will spend her last dollar to give someone else something, who loves her sister with all her heart and cherishes spending time with her, who has a heart for others, who wants to be the best she can be, who loves the Lord and wants to serve him but her spirit was crushed yesterday by other children. I could tell something was wrong from the time I picked her up. As I do everyday I asked how her day was and she just said, "Okay and she didn't really want to talk about it". I knew it had been a rotten day then. After chatting for a few minutes she started opening up about what went on yesterday. It seems that some other children in her class just weren't nice. I know children will be children but to see my daughter hurt so bad by words really hurt me as a mom. I watched my daughter weep in the back seat with the things that had been said to her playing over and over in her mind. My first instinct was to tell her to say something ugly to them but then I recalled that Christ never said an ugly word to anyone even when he was faced with ugliness. So we began to talk about what Christ faced and how he handled each situation. This seemed to give her a peace about things. That and the fact that I called her teacher to discuss what had happened. (She would not tell because she is always told not to tattle and she didn't want to be tattling.) So I ask myself again why are children so mean to each other? SIN! It is what causes children and adults to be ugly to each other. But we can turn away from sin and show kindness to everyone. Kind words won't hurt anyone.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment