Tuesday, August 27, 2013

School TKA

Well the girls have finished two weeks of school now and are doing great. I was concerned about how this transition to a new school would be for both of them but WOW.......wow is all I can say.

Olivia is in a small class this year which is so nice. There are only 13 students (5 girls and 8 boys). Her teacher Mrs. Polk is so sweet, kind, caring and loves those babies like nothing else. She emails us daily about how the kiddos day was and things going on at school for the rest of the week. That is so nice and I have emailed with her multiple times with questions and she is so wonderful when she emails me back. She understands I am a concerned momma who is sad I can't help as much this year but welcomes any help I can give. I am so thankful for that. What a blessing she has been already. I can not wait to see how wonderful the rest of the year is with her.

Isabella is in a fairly large class. There are 25 sixth graders. Which really is not that big of a group when they are split into classes. Right now they all stay in one room for 6 class periods and the teachers rotate to them. The other two class periods they go to the high school building. All this will change in late October early November when the first new building in 40 years will be done. State of the art classrooms and athletic facilities. At that time the kids will break up into different classes and actually rotate classes like other middle schools. The 2nd week of school all the middle schoolers (6-8) loaded up and headed to Wesley Woods. (it is in Townsend, TN) They use it as a getting to know each other, team building, friendship building, fun time. Let me just say as a momma, Mrs. Shaffer has hung the moon in my eyes. She knows Izzy's hardships and she takes her under her wing and nurtures her. She hunted her out the morning they left for Wesley Woods and hugged her and said we are going to have so much fun. Then she asked Izzy to be her head mate (they had bunk beds that backed up to each other and Mrs. Shaffer asked Izzy to sleep head to head with her). They talked like teenage girls would, they hiked and talked and when Izzy felt overwhelmed Mrs. Shaffer could see that and chatted with her. Mrs. Shaffer sent me a text Wednesday afternoon saying Izzy was doing great. And when they got back she called me to just chat about that last few days she had spent with my daughter and how much she loved my daughter. Oh my I wanted to cry. Her teacher cares so much about her!!! (so not something we have been used to since she was at Thales in Raleigh)

Not only have the girls made friends and feel like TKA is their home now we do too. Travis knows a lot of the parents at TKA (since it is on the side of town he grew up in). I have made some great friends and a few friends that were just acquaintances are growing into great friendships.  Again, I can't express how thankful we are that God has placed us at TKA. We are excited to see what the year holds.

Visit our school: The Kings Academy




No comments:

Post a Comment