So if you have seen my facebook you already know that I had to call Poison Control yesterday. If you haven't seen it let me fill you in.
Many of you know how mischievous Olivia is, well yesterday she topped the list. While Travis and I walked outside for 5 minutes to take a couple of pictures Olivia decided to "try something new". She opened the door to my parents house and came out with stuff all over her face. I noticed it had a glittery look to it and she said it tasted good. (My first thoughts were what makeup did she get in.) Oh was I wrong, Isabella followed her out of the house carrying Butt Paste. So I took her inside and cleaned her up and asked her how much she ate. She said just one bite but she kept saying, "that toothpaste taste good." (Are you kidding me!!!) So I called our peds and they could not help me. (Let me just say that I was shocked by that. I know they don't know every chemical but they have been around for a long time and NO ONE could tell me if this butt paste was going to harm my child! Needless to say I will be having a talk with a few doctors on Monday.) So I called the Poison Control Center. (this was my first experience with this and I was not impressed.) It rang twice and a gentleman picked up and asked me to hold.....TO HOLD.....are you kidding me!!! So I sat on hold for 10 minutes!!!!! When the lady finally came on the phone, she asked if she could help me.....REALLY!! My response was not so kind. "Well sure I guess after sitting on hold 10 minutes with you all I guess you can, glad my child didn't drink bleach because while I waited on you all she would be dead." So after I talked to her about what Olivia had ingested and found out that what was in the butt paste would not hurt her but might make her "potty" a lot if she ingested too much, she said don't worry you are not the first mom to call about butt paste today. (did she today...yes today....!!!) It made me feel a little better but I still felt like a horrible parent for leaving something within reach. I so know better with her. At least the Lord was protecting her since I was not. God is so good!!
Oh my word!! What a story!! I bet she won't ever live this down...my little brother is 21, and we STILL talk about the time he ate moth balls and my mom had to call poison control.
ReplyDelete