Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weight Loss Update

It has been quite awhile since I have updated about my weight loss journey. This journey that I started many months ago has now turned into "our" journey. Travis and I have both made life changing decisions about what we eat or should I say what we won't eat. I have to say that if you are going to start a journey like this you need to have a partner or friend who is wiling to do it with you. It makes it so much easier and they can and should hold you accountable.

So many of you have asked what we have changed in our lives to loose the weight we are loosing and making our bodies healthier. There are a lot of facts involved. First we cut out as much high fructose corn syrup as possible. (it is in EVERYTHING!!! even things you would not think of) Granted there are going to be times that we won't be able to avoid eating things with high fructose corn syrup in it but we try to keep it out of the house if possible. Second, we started cutting down on as much sodium (Mrs. Dash is salt free and they make so many options to choose from) and cholesterol as possible. Third, we watch fat (total and saturated) and try to keep it to as little as we can. We also read every food label on everything we buy. You might be surprised what is in the food you eat. (I was so surprised at what was in Ritz crackers!!! The bread we ate, the seasonings we used, the fruit snacks we let our daughters have.) We also exercise. (I personally walk at least 2 miles daily, Travis stands and walks so much between work and school. We both do Wii Fit, Wii Fitness Coach and Wii Golds Gym)

As of this morning, I weighed in at 198 and Travis weighed in at 216. (I have a feeling these weights will be better when we can weigh on our scale at home. We are borrowing my parents, which we never use.) It feels good to say I am below 200. I haven't been able to say that in 8 years or so. (notice that is about the time I got pregnant with Isabella....) For the first time in years I am going down in clothing sizes instead of going up. I actually bought clothes off the rack and felt like a million bucks in them. (and they are almost too big, thank goodness for alterations) I also am about to cross back over into Misses and let me tell you I haven't been in that department in YEARS!!!!!! So this leaves me where I am today. I have 53 more pounds I would like to loose and I have come to far to look back so you can bet I will get it off. (for the record I am down 45 pounds and Travis is down 42 pounds) I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment