When my eyes could not take anymore I retired them and was fast in slumber. But even in slumber God works in my life. My dreams were dreams that made me ashamed that I was grumbling about doing laundry and packing to go home for 5 days. When I awoke to the sound of my alarm going off at 3:45 a.m. my human body began to grumble again. However, my mind was still processing all my dreams...the dreams that were placed there to remind me to be humble and grateful that I am blessed enough to have clothes on back to have to wash, that I have a nice working washing machine to clean those clothes in, that I am blessed to have bags to put my clean clothes in, that I have a car, that I have a husband who works so hard to make money so that we can put gas in the car to go home and that I am blessed enough that my husband can have time off from work for us to go home. So after my mind finished processing all that I became even more ashamed for grumbling even the slightest.
I pray that through out this holiday season God will place all those reminders in front of me so that my attitude will be one of gratitude and not grumbling. Please don't just be thankful for the turkey....be thankful that our Lord and Saviour died on the cross for our sins.
I am so thankful for these two. What a blessing they are to me. Thank you Lord for my children.
The holidays can bring such a heavy workload for us moms! But it's so good to focus on all the amazing blessings in our lives...the reasons for all the work! :) Have a happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete