Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November Gratitude Challenge

Good Morning! As I do every morning, I sit down and read all the blogs I "stalk" and see what is new. As I read one of my favorites many mornings ago I got completely taken by her post on gratitude. She was challenging all of her readers to the November Gratitude Challenge. The gratitude challenge is to make a list of all the things you are thankful for. Not just for one day but for the whole month of November. (can anyone say holy cow!) But I accepted this challenge because I do have so much to be thankful for that I often take for granted. I thought I would go ahead and post some of my items and then post the rest as I get them down on paper. (this is a long list and will only get longer because the Lord has blessed me so many times over)

What I am thankful for:

-My salvation-that Christ would die for a sinner like me to be saved
-His grace and mercy
-For parents who raised me to be the woman I am today
-For a Godly husband, who follows Christ and directs and leads our home as Christ would lead
-For 2 beautiful, healthy, precious girls, they touch my life in so many ways everyday, I still can' believe God allows them to be mine
-For friends who love me despite my many faults
-For a roof over my head
-For 2 vehicles that run to get us where we need to go
-For food on my shelves to feed my family
-For unexpected cards to just say hi, we're praying for you all and we love and miss you
-For unexpected acts of kindness
-For our Mt. Hermon family
-For Grandparents and Great Grandparents
-For hugs and kisses
-My health
-Veterans-my dad,my father-in-law, my papaw, my 2 uncles, my great uncle, our cousins, and many friends
-For eyes to see God beauty all around
-For my brother, his wife and daughter- what a blessing they are
-For my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and how they love my family
-For the opportunities God gives us
-That Olivia loves for me to read to her
-That Isabella love to spend time with me and hug and me
-For my freedom
-For the Bible-God's holy word, and the commandments we are to follow
-My husband's job
-Thankful for triple coupons that help stretch our grocery money
-That we get to go home for the holidays to spend time with our families
-That we get to blessed by the Toy Chest
-For the people who graciously give to the Toy Chest
-For quiet moments alone
-For moments with my hubby
-For time I can gaze at my girls and wonder what their future holds
-That Isabella accepted Christ as her Saviour
-That I can freely pray (any time, any where)
-Time to sit on my parents front porch and talk and rock with them
-Time my girls get to play freeze tag with their Grand
-Pictures that catch memories in our lives
-Handmade gifts
-For friends who share
-Love (love of family, love of friends)
-Saturday morning cartoons in our bed
-For the sound of children's laughter
-For tickles and giggles
-Mornings at my parents house, sipping coffee, talking and laughing
-That Isabella is blessed to have great teachers at a great school
-Naps
-For the time my girls had with their papaw who loved them so much
-That my girls like to sing happy birthday to Jesus on his birthday
-For the look on my girls face on Christmas morning
-That my girls love to worship through song
-That Isabella has the Holy Spirit to guide her even when we are not there
-That Olivia loves to snuggle with me each morning

This is where my list has ended today. (which started Nov. 1 until now) I will post more as I get them on paper. As you can imagine everyday is full of thankful thoughts. I challenge you to do the same. You don't have to post them but put them on paper and see exactly what you are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment