They grew.....no not the children (well yes they have grown too) but our potatoes. You might remember me saying we put out potatoes and tomatoes awhile back. Well tonight as I went out to water the garden as I do most nights. I couldn't remember when it said to harvest but I noticed a couple of my plants were dying. (which made me super sad since I have been praying over these plants that they would produce some fruit/vegetable) As I am beginning to water I asked Travis to look at the box which had specific instructions about when to harvest the potatoes. Low and behold.....when the plant turns yellow and withers it is time....hooray! The plants didn't just die for no reason.....I did something right......THEY GREW! So Travis and I dug up potatoes while the girls (who were SUPER excited) carried them to the house.
We are planning on cooking them while my mom and dad are in this weekend.
P.S. Our tomatoes are getting rather large but still green. However, they will be coming off the vine soon.
This is so exciting!!!
ReplyDelete