Sunday, March 27, 2011

Homeschooling

Honestly this is a bridge I didn't think I would cross again but due to happenings and circumstances we are faced with educating our girls at home. As many of you know, our first experience with homeschooling was "okay" but not great. So as the chance of us having to home school again came up I began researching more and more. I have looked and read everything I can get my hands on. I have read countless blogs to see how other moms/dads handle their homeschooling and honestly I still feel unprepared. Until a friend turned me onto Liberty Online Academy. I have read, reread and researched all about Liberty and their online academy. I am very impressed with how everything is handled and the fact that Isabella will take quizzes, test, do projects, reports, assignments and will ultimately be responsible for her school work as if she was sitting in a classroom everyday. She will be taking Language Arts, Math, Science, History/Social Studies and Bible. We'll be adding a few things like hand writing, music and PE. Another big draw to Liberty was, it is student paced. She can take her time or move faster depending on her level of understanding. (which is similar to direct instruction as far as they level her based on what level she test out on and I am such and advocate for direct instruction!)

So here are just a few of the reasons we choose to go this route:

-student pace driven
-subjects (content of subject material)
-Biblical basis
-Bible course
-can be accessed anywhere (yes I mean anywhere, all we need is Internet. so we can be in TN and she can  still do her work)
-she receives grades for everything she does
-constant contact with teacher and guidance
-cost efficient
-college credit class in high school (if she stays with Liberty, she has the opportunity to take college credit courses, this mean she could start college with 20 or more credits)
-possibly paying toward college (yes you read that right, if she choose to attend Liberty for college every dime we have paid in will go towards college)

I am sure there are other reasons I have left out. Either way we feel this is the right path for her right now and we are pushing forward with it. Please be in prayer with us as she starts tomorrow. Please pray that she will be excited about all the things she will be learning and the opportunity to be involved with a program like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment