Monday, August 20, 2012

A Child's Heart

I have been amazed over the past few weeks at my girl's hearts. They have always had kind hearts but the past few weeks their hearts have begun to change.

In my last blog I wrote about how Isabella has really been excited about being able to corporately pray before school. What a blessing! Last week she also was picked to lead devotion for her class. She was super nervous but she pushed through and did a wonderful job. Her heart is being changed and it is so beautiful to watch. (We have been praying for her heart and how to mold it and what tools to give her to help mold her heart. However, public school was working against us. Satan at his best.) We would appreciate your prayers as God is working in her and in us to mold her heart as He sees fit.

God has also been working on my little O's heart. She is extremely busy and never stops, even in church. She sits with me and plays with her little animals or colors. I have always assumed that she is not paying attention but she has proved me wrong. Last week, she wanted to get $2 out of her piggy bank to put in offering. I was fine with that. It made my heart glad that she wanted to give back to God. But yesterday, made my heart melt. She celebrated her birthday at church with her Sunday School teachers and friends. She was given $2 by a church member just before the service started. I tucked it away in and told her I would put it in her piggy bank when we got home. Church started as normal but while we were singing she said, "Mommy, can I have my money?" I said not right now, we'll put it in your bank when we get home. She replied, "Mom, I need it. I want to put it in the offering and give it back to God." Oh my, tears welled up in my eyes. She wanted to take the money she just got for her birthday and give it back to God. Not only did she want to do that but the quarter she got during the children's message she added to it, all on her own. She also filled out her own envelope and put it to go to the John 5 Food Pantry. She said, "This way those people can have food too." Wow! Her heart is being molded by God right before my eyes!

We are so thankful for the blessings of our 2 girls. They bring joy and excitement to our lives everyday. Yes, their are trials and some troubles (DRAMA). But those 2 little girls make our world go around and we are so blessed that God has given us the privilege to be their parents.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my word!! This made me tear up. I love watching your girls grow and change. Your family and friendship have been such a blessing to us. I'm so thankful that I've had the privilege to be part of your lives for the last five years and I can't wait to see what God is going to continue to do in the years to come. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete