Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Job

A back to work I go, a back to work I go, hi ho the dairy o, a back to work I go. Well almost 3 months now.

Since Jan. we have been earnestly praying about how we would continue to afford our health insurance. With Travis being a pastor of a medium sized church they don't offer health insurance. So we had a private policy with a high deductible. With a high deductible we incurred a lot of medical charges. While dealing with medical stuff we had an ever growing concern for Isabella entering middle school. Our public middle school system is not good and I was not willing to put Isabella in that system to suffer. So we began to earnestly pray about where God would have us put her. We found a wonderful school that is fairly close to the house and will offer Isabella and Olivia the school atmosphere and education we have been wanting for them. The only catch was it would cost what our private insurance policy cost. So then......how do we pay for it?

God graciously placed a new friend in my life. Well through my Sunday school teacher she was placed in my life. She is just a few years younger than I am and just recently got married. She is also a new Christian. She seemed to be placed in my life for me to mentor her. To share the hardships and trials I had experienced. To share how my faith has brought me through those times and how I rely on my faith to get me through everyday. We would meet for lunch and chat. She wasn't a real talker but as we got to know each other better she began to open up more and more. I had shared with her during a lunch meeting that I was looking to go back to work. Not because I wanted to but because it was going to be the only way to pay for the girls to go to school where we wanted them to. She mentioned her company was hiring. So I sent a resume and two weeks later I interviewed with them.  They offered me the job the next day and I started April 1st. God put this friend in my life at the right time and with the right job. (don't get me wrong, I would still rather be home with my girls everyday but this job is affording them a better education, which is a huge deal) After 1 month me and my family would be eligible to go on the company health, eye and dental insurance. Holy moly what a blessing! It is 1/4 the cost of what we were paying and we have eye and dental. After 3 months I can invest in the 401k. As far as jobs go it is a great job. Something I have never done and it is always different so I am always learning something new. After 2 weeks of being there I was called in my bosses office and offered to do purchasing part time as well as my current job. This was an even bigger blessing because my background is in purchasing. And the purchasing job will turn into a full time position as it evolves. So I now have a job that pays well, meets the monthly cost for the girls school, affords us to put some in savings and has health, eye and dental insurance......tell me God is not good!

Here is where I spend 8-5 M-F: Choice Spine





No comments:

Post a Comment