Yes you read that right, I have diverticulitis again. It started last Sunday night. I had a little pain in my lower abdomen but I am going to be honest I thought it was just gas. Monday night the pain woke me up in the middle of the night. I was able to go back to sleep. Tuesday I got out of bed and oh my word...it took me 5 minutes to stand up straight from the pain. Walking, sitting, standing all hurt. Movement in general was not a good thing. I ended up at the drs office and she sent me home with an antibiotic and said if the pain got worse to go to the ER. Well I don't know about where you live but where I am the flu is really starting to get around and the ER just didn't seem like my best bet. If I wanted to avoid catching something. So Wednesday morning I called the drs office again and she ordered a CT scan with contrast stat and a full blood work up. The CT scan quickly illuminated and showed I have infection on the left side and pockets on the right. My blood work showed my white count was elevated. (which it should be with infection) All I could do was cry. Not because of pain but because I had 18 inches of my colon removed 2 years ago this past January due to severe diverticulitis. I do not want to go this road again. I didn't eat anything to set it off or trigger it. So now I am at a loss as to what to eat or not eat. Bland it is. So now I wait to see if the antibiotics made the infection go away and if I have any reoccurrences.
Did I mention that what my little one can eat due to her food allergies I can't eat (lots of veggies and fruit) and what she can't eat I can eat. Meal times at our house are so much fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment