This is a beautiful little old church we passed. The black and white photos and the sepia photos are how I imagine it would have looked years ago.
This morning we had the privilege to go with Travis to fill in for a friend of his at a church in Emporia, VA. I am sure most of you are saying, "I've never heard of Emporia, Va. Where is that?" Don't worry I had never heard of it either, but let me assure you I think it could be one of God's best kept secrets. Emporia is up I-95 just across the VA line which is about an hour and half from us. As we got off the interstate to head over toward the church I noticed fewer and fewer houses and more and more farm land. I don't just mean an acre here and there I mean farm land and fields for as far as your eyes can see. Beautiful crops like tobacco, peanuts, cotton and corn. Sporadically you see an old farm house (some still be used and others that hold a story and history that will fall away one board at time) or a barn awaiting this years crop. However, I found that as we drove down through there all I could think about was how beautiful it was. On a day we get to worship and serve our Lord he places some of his most amazing works right in front us. I have always loved farm land (everything from the cows to chickens, yards to acres) and it made me hope that one day God will place us in a place where we can see and enjoy that amazing landscape everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment