As I sit in a surgical waiting room today I have some time to reflect on some things. I think that God has shown me how special it is that I have three ladies in my life. First are my two beautiful and precious daughters Isabella and Olivia. They are growing up so fast, and as pastor's kids they really put up with a lot. It has been a busy couple of weeks and I have had to be gone for different reasons. I have been gone for class and for hospital visits and for meetings and we have all fought illnesses. I had to leave about 4:20 this morning to make it down to Duke Hospital for a surgery and when Izzy found that I wasn't home she cried; that breaks my heart. I know that I am where I have to be as a church member is having a tumor removed and it is a long and dangerous procedure; but that does not mean that it is easy. It is going to be time for some daddy/daughter time really soon! I hate being away sometimes and I know that it puts an additional burden on Whitney. Speaking of Whitney, she is such a blessing. She puts up with so much and with me being gone; even though she gets aggravated sometimes I also know she understands. I pray that here soon, God will bless us and allow us to have sometime alone as well; to spend as husband and wife, to have a adult conversation without saying "please don't touch that", or "don't bother your sister." If the Lord sees fit for our house to sale I would take her away for a few days; especially as our 10 year anniversary is approaching. I found this morning where we could fly to Nashville, stay for three nights, and rent a car for about $500. I almost booked it but there are medical expenses we should pay first. But if the house would sale I would anyway, but the house would have to sale. Please pray for this to happen, we both know that it is in God's time and it will be such a great blessing when it does. Sometimes people look at the life of a pastor and his family and think, "they have it all together." That isn't always the case we get tired, we get aggravated, lonely, sad, and selfish, among other things. The difference is we also learn, love, pray, and praise! We serve a God who is doing a work in our lives to make us better people. We truly are blessed ad I am so thankful for the ladies that God has blessed me with. I pray that I am able to show them my gratitude very soon.
~Travis
No comments:
Post a Comment