Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A new appreciation

So last night I had a jewelry party. One of my dearest friends is an independent sales rep for Premier Designs. (I love their stuff) My cousin and her little girl, Peyton, who is a month younger than Olivia came. This was great since one they never get to see each other (even though we only live 20 apart) and two it gave Olivia someone to play with during the party. The only problem was......5year old girls (at least these two) like to get into things! This is what we found when we went down to check on them.
 They did their own makeup!

 And nails...yes that is red and pink nail polish on my cream Berber carpet.
Isabella had left her Caboodle downstairs that she keeps her play makeup and nail polish in. (from her party last weekend) So you can guess who found it and thought they would make themselves, "beautiful" as Olivia put it.  

But then this morning, I found these.....sweet dirty footprints on Olivia's step stool. (I love the fact you can see each little bitty toe print!) This is where she stood last night as I was cleaning her face up and trying to remember she is little and only wants to be girly and be like her big sister. Her words to me this morning were, "I just wanted to be beautiful like Bella". It melted my heart. It reminded me that, these are moments I will never forget, nor do I ever want to forget them. Carpet can and will be replaced, faces can be washed but sweet moments that create memories can never be replaced. These are moments that when she is 16, 21, 30 or 50 I will cherish in my memory because they are precious! These little feet will one day do great things......so this morning I have a new appreciation for small stains and pretty makeup.  





No comments:

Post a Comment