We (Isabella) hosted her first slumber party last night. She decided that a slumber party is what she wanted to do for her 10th birthday. (I have to be honest, she has asked in the past and I just was not ready.....I know selfish on my part.) So at 6 pm three preteen girls showed up with all their goodies and they were ready to PARTY! (Isabella and I agreed that inviting 3 other girls would be the max, 1. because of space, 2. because an even number with girls works out better, every one had a buddy and 3. because the 3 little girls she did invite are little girls I enjoy her doing things with, aka. they make great choices and have parents that help them shape them as we are doing with our girls.) Here are a few pictures from the party.
I decorated the downstairs so that they girls could have free reign of playing and doing all the spa stuff down there. It worked out great!
My preteen! (oh my)
Auntie Amy was on hand to be the cool Aunt and help do nails.
Olivia didn't get to hang out with the big girls. She got picked up
from school buy Auntie Amy and Mamaw and had an evening
all about her. But when she got home she got to do her nails
and she got a goody bag just like the big girls.
And just before they started the movie to wind down
for the night we roasted marshmallows around the
fire pit.
(As a mom I think her party was a success. All her girls friends said they loved it too......maybe a slumber party again next year........)

No comments:
Post a Comment