I normally don't use our blog to talk about myself but I have been convicted and feel that if I get it all down on "paper" it will make me accountable. So here goes.
As many of you all know I have struggled with my weight all of my life. In the beginning it was just a few pounds which I was able to get rid of really easily. Just before Travis and I got I found myself at my heaviest weight (at the time). I was so upset when my wedding dress had to be a size 18 even though I was wearing a 12 to 14. (wow that seems so small now) When I got pregnant with Isabella I was 180 pounds (my then heaviest). After I had Isabella I got up to 245. (wow, that is had to say) However, I continued to loose and gain, loose and gain and when I got pregnant with Olivia I weighed 211. (I felt like I was on a roll of loosing) After I had Olivia I weighed 230. Our sweet children are now 7 and almost 3 and I am still carrying around baby weight and weight from before kids. I have made every excuse in the world for why I gained weight never really coming to terms with the fact that I like food, A LOT. And like most people I like all the things that really like my thighs, my bottom, my hips and everywhere else in between. (if you know what I mean) Instead of just eating food to live I have been living to eat. (yes mom, I just used your token phase) I guess like some people have an addiction to alcohol, or drugs, I have an addiction to food. (ahhh...I said it I am addicted to food.)This all became a very real reality to me when I got my summer clothes down to get a pair of capris out. But when I tried to get them on....they no longer fit. (the tears started to roll, but I knew I got myself here so now it is time I get myself out of this position.) But this demon that I struggle with will not win. So with God's help, the strength he gives me, the love from my family, and friends I am going to beat this weight issue.
That leads me to where I am today. I ran into a friend of mine from the preschool I worked at last year and she looked GREAT!!!!!!! I almost didn't recognize her she had lost so much weight. When I started talking to her I found out that she was on a 12 week plan called Thin Within. It is a God centered plan that helps you learn to stop when you are full, eat right and keep God the center of all of your life, including food. I have half a month left on my subscription to Weight Watchers and I am going to finish it out. But I am going to continue reading about Thin Within and see if it is right for me. Either way God is going to be the center of my weight loss. I have started praying many times a day that God will lead me the way he wants me to go. He knows that weight loss is a HUGE struggle for me and he also knows that if I will ask he will help me beat it.
Will you please pray for me that I will keep God the center of my journey to loose weight. Also that I will be strong and not give in. That I will remember to eat to live not live to eat. Also would you all please be my accountability partners. (for encouragement, to ask how I am doing, what I have eaten, to help me make good choices, etc.)
I will be posting pics as I started to loose. ( I will also be posting my starting pic.) I will all be adding a weight tracker so that those of you who will be helping keep me accountable can see my progress. Let me say thank you in advance for your prayers. This is really something I have to do, for my health but also so I will be able to run, jump and play better with my girls, to feel good in my clothes (and not hide behind them) to be something to look at when my husband wants to see. (I know TMI but it is true)
Your mother is very proud of you and loves you very much. With God's will and your will you can do anything.
ReplyDelete