I have decided that once a week I would update on how my progress is going. So I am making Wednesdays my update day.
I know it has only been a couple of days, but God is good. With the strength he has given me I am doing good on this new road. I got on the scale this morning and I am down 2 pounds. It is just 2 pounds but I will take it. I know it is water weight but it is a start and I have to get the water weight off too.
I decided it would be in my best interest to cut out all cokes. Honestly, I just don't have the will power to drink just one so none is better. (I had my last one yesterday, after I only wanted more and more.) I am pushing at least 64oz plus of water through my body daily. I also am only using salad plates for my regular dinner plates. That way I am making myself cut down on portion size. And so far my worst evil is under control, SNACKING. Being a stay at home mom as made snacking so easy. And on a limited budget it seems we only have candy in the house to snack on so....guess who ate it. 2 days now and I haven't snacked yet. (which was hard while I was playing cards last night.)
Thank you to all of my friends who told me about their stories on facebook or through my blog. It means so much that you would share your life with me. And for many of you it sounds like we will be walking this rocky trail together, hand in hand with God by our sides so we will never fail. A good friend of mine who is on this journey with me shared a quote with me today that made me smile and I will remember when I want that piece of chocolate or snack I don't need. "Nothing taste as good as skinny feels."
Have a great day.
Hey Whitney,
ReplyDelete"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" has really started to work for me. After a stern warning from my doctor, I am back at my weight watchers now but this time I am going to the meetings and it has helped me a lot (I guess since I am paying every week it motivates me to not "cheat".) So far so good I have lost at least something every week and Monday started my sixth week and I have lost a total of 13.4 pounds. If it is any motivation to you at all, once you start eating fruits and veggies and smaller portions sizes it will become second nature and eventually it will be less and less of a temptation. I realized that I "ate my feelings" so now I am more aware of what I am doing and I feel so much better. My weight really made all the health issues I have worse so with every pound I feel a little bit better. I have changed the way I looked at eating kinda like you said in your last update-- eat to live, not live to eat! I'm praying for you :)