Monday, April 6, 2009

We're still here

We're still here. For those of you who check on us regularly let me say I am sorry. Things around our house are a little crazy. As many of you know we are making trips into Knoxville every Thursday and returning home in the early morning hours on Sundays. So our time at our house is limited and I don't get much time to blog. Let me catch you up to speed with everything going on.

Isabella has been tracked out for almost 3 weeks. I think she has really enjoyed getting to be home and hanging out with me and Olivia. They love to play together all the time. Isabella is such a good big sister. The love that I see for Olivia as they play is so sweet. She reads to Olivia, plays dress up with her, play kitchen, restaurant and all kinds of other things. Even though she loves playing with Olivia she really likes getting to play by herself as well. The child has so many toys and things to make that it will keep her occupied for weeks!! She seems to be looking forward to tracking back in and telling about her "Flat Stanley". She has been writing stories in "Flat Stanley" during her track out. He goes everywhere with us. He even rides her bike with her. (which is her favorite thing to do right now)

Olivia is a busting ball of energy. She still goes from the time she gets up until the time she goes to bed. Her imagination seems to grow more and more everyday. Her vocabulary seems to grow with it and her little words are so cute. (you often forget as your children get older how much you will miss that little voice) She is officially broke from her passy. It was a few hard nights and transitioning to not using it or giving to her was hard for us but she was a champ. The other night she said, "I don't need my passies any more. We can give them to Emma Grace." (what a big girl!!! Emma Grace is my niece who is due in Aug.) Her favorite thing to do right now is sit in her bed and read. (she just wants to be left alone and read in her bed. like I said she is such a big girl)

Travis stays so busy between school, Starbucks and church. School is going good. He has had quite a few books to read in the past few weeks with reports due right after, multiple Greek words to memorize, test to take and chapels to attend. He seems to really be enjoying this semester. Work is going well and we are so thankful that they have been kind enough to work with us on his hours. He normally works Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays so that he can get his hours to keep insurance. Everything at the church is going great as well. (what a blessing our sweet church family is in our lives. we know every sunday why got put us at mt. hermon baptist.)

As for me, I am good. I stay a little stressed most of the time but I think that just comes with being a wife, a mom and a leader of things at church.

Please continue to pray for these prayer request:

Travis's dad-please pray for comfort and that the Lord will continue to use his faith through this

Travis's studies- that he will continue to be diligent in keeping up with them

Travis's work at Starbucks- that they will continue to work with us, so that he can get enough hours for us (he and I) to be able to carry insurance (this is only 20 hours a week)

Isabella's school- as she tracks back in on April 13

Isabella's attitude- that she will strive to obey what God is laying on her heart and not struggle with it in her attitude

Olivia- to stay healthy and continue to grow and strive

Whitney- to turn all of my stress over to God and let him guide me as he will and that I will follow His lead


We will keep you posted. I will try to be better at blogging over the next few weeks. Please drop us a line and let us know you have stopped by. We love and miss all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures,I love pictures of daily things my girls are doing, the little things mean so much. Grab your camera and post.Try not to stress and I love you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete