Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In the blink of an eye....

We always here how life can change in the blink of an eye. This weekend our lives changed in the blink of an eye. As I was in the middle of hosting a baby shower on Saturday Travis called me and said that his dad's health had taken a turn, but he would keep me up to date as he talked to his mom. An hour or so later he called me and asked if I would have his bag backed that he was heading into TN. And pack I did, as fast as I could so I could have him ready to walk back out the door when he got there. On Saturday night our eyes blinked and time on this Earth for his dad stood still but his time in eternity began! When Travis called me to say that his dad had passed away I sat in amazement at how quickly the blink of an eye really is. I began getting the girls bags ready and washing a few clothes to make sure we would have everything to come in for the week. However, I was stopped in my tracks at the thoughts of what was facing us. I dropped to my knees in the middle of my laundry room and began to pray and praise God for all he had done in my father-in-laws life. For those of you who don't know my father-in-law was a God fearing man who loved his Lord with ALL of his heart. He made sure everyone he knew, knew this and he shared it with his whole family. He taught my children to love his God (which became their God) with their whole heart for their whole life. So yesterday we laid my father-in-laws body to rest here on Earth. It was very sad but it was also a very joyous time to celebrate his life in eternity with Christ and the fact that we will see him again. It doesn't make the hurt stop but it sure does make it easier to bear.
And in the blink of an eye....we will see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment