Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Mommy, I have an eraser stuck in my nose....."

I know that is an odd title to a post but everyday (or minute) is something new with my almost 3 year old daughter. Tonight as I unloaded the coolers, a box and 3 bags Travis brought back from Knoxville (thank you to my parents and my mother-in-law for the multitude of goodies!) Olivia was playing in her room. When I am doing things like that I put up the gate so I don't find her on top of the table or into something she shouldn't be. So as I am standing on the step stool this is the conversation we had.

Olivia: Mommy

Me: What Olivia

Olivia: Mommy I have an eraser stuck in my nose.

Me: WHAT??!! (As I have heart failure.)

Olivia: I have an eraser stuck in my nose.

Me: Why do you have an eraser in your nose.

Olivia: Because I put it in there.

Me: (thought to myself, well at least she was honest) Okay I am coming.

Olivia: Okay Mommy, can you get it out? (as she is pushing on her nose)

Me: Olivia don't push on your nose, I need to see if I can get it.

Olivia: Okay, it won't hurt will it?

Me: I don't think so but lay back so I can see in your nose.

Olivia: sigh....

Me: Well, lets go to Mommy's bathroom so I can see it better.

Olivia: What are you going to do now? Why are you getting in your drawer? What are you getting?

Me: Baby, lay back on the counter and be still, let me see if I can get it.

After, gently squeezing with the tweezers I was able to grab a hold of it. It was a small piece of an eraser off a mechanical pencil. When I asked her where she got it, she said out of Isabella's room. Oh I guess there are worse things she could have stuck in her nose. Needless to say we had a long talk about sticking things in our nose, ears and mouth and how dangerous this is. I pray that I will do another post like this but the odds are.....I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment