Saturday, July 11, 2009

OoooLalala

I just had to write about this. I love the fact that at (almost) 3 everything seems new and refreshed all the time. If they hear something it is like they have heard it for the first time. And when they repeat words or phrases (at least the good ones) they are so sweet and seem timeless.

This morning, Olivia pushed her baby stroller into the den where I was sitting with her Fancy Nancy doll in it and told me she was going to the store. I said you are she said yes, we need just a few things. As she started to walk away she turned to me and said, Nancy says, oooolalala. I said she does. She said yes, she is French and Fancy. I guess reading the Fancy Nancy books made an impression and she was listening. I just couldn't get over how sweet that little voice was saying oooolalala. It is a moment in time etched in my memory forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment