Monday, May 17, 2010

Mommy your the best

That would have made a great Mother's Day title post but instead I got a mommy your the best on Friday night for no reason at all.....which you can imagine it made my year! So here is the story....

Every night we have a bedtime routine we go through to get the girls ready for bed. They both go potty, get a sip of water, hugs and kisses to each other and anything else that needs to be done before they get in bed. Then I give Isabella a hug and kiss and tell her how much I love her and Travis tucks her into bed then I get Olivia in the bed, which sometimes takes a few minutes of....hhhmmm I might have to go poop mommy, I can't find Gracie (her blanket bear she has slept with since birth) which sometimes means we go on a major hunt for Gracie, I need night night socks, I dropped Little Bear or Smokey (her two bears she sleeps with) and then if there is no other request she is finally laying in bed so I can cover her up. And this night was no different except that as I got down to kiss her and tell her how much I loved her, she asked me "Mommy, why are you so nice to me in the middle of the night when I call to you?" (oh my this made me feel so good) I said, "Because that is what mommy is suppose to do. God commands mommy to always be kind to others and to take care of my children. When you call to me I am suppose to see what you need, in case you are sick or something is wrong." She said, "Oh mommy, you are the best mommy in the whole world!" Oh my word I can't tell you how that melted my heart! I felt like the best mommy in the world at that moment.

As a mother I often wonder if what I am teaching my children is sinking in, being understood or being shown to others. In that exact moment I realized that something I am doing is making a difference in my child's life. What a blessing it was to my heart!

3 comments:

  1. Awww whit!! That made me tear up a bit! You are making a difference in their lives and not just theirs, mine too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing ever!! I bet that melted you heart over and over!!!

    ReplyDelete