Sunday, May 2, 2010

A year after....

A year ago today, our lives changed forever. In the next hour I got a call from Travis saying his daddy had passed away. I can recall that phone call like it was yesterday. My heart ached for him, his mom, his sister and my girls. Because their lives would forever be changed. Not that they were not thankful that Earl was no longer in pain, sick or suffering but the fact that his love was taken from us. My heart ached for Travis because his dad was his best friend and his biggest cheerleader. For his mom because they were married for 30+ years and did everything together. She was also the primary caretaker during his illness. For his sister because there is nothing like your daddy! And for my girls because they really loved their papaw. Isabella will remember some things about him but Olivia will only remember what we tell her. I pray that I can tell her anything she wants to know and more and that we will keep their papaw's precious memory forever alive in their hearts.......our lives are forever changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment