The girls and I did a little old fashion butter making tonight. It was hard work (which I did most of) but lots of fun.

We started with 2 jars of heavy whipping cream. (of course one jar for each one of them)

Shake, shake, shake....and shake, shake, shake some more.
Look at the pretty whipping cream.

The curds....were almost there. Just a littl more shaking.

So here is the finished product. Butter! We can't wait to use it on some pancakes or toast in the morning. We also had some great buttermilk left over to use when making pancakes. What a great way for the girls to learn how it use to be done and that it took a long time to make butter. But the product is well worth the wait.

You can find more info on old fashion butter making at a blog I read everyday. www.makeandtakes.com
No comments:
Post a Comment