Tuesday, August 3, 2010

......how does your garden grow?

Mary, Mary, quite contrary how does your garden grow? There aren't any cockle shells but we do have veggies!

As you know I put out a small garden this year and it has done very well. (I must admit I am quite surprised. I don't have the greenest thumb.) We have already harvested 3 types of potatoes and some wax beans (which are similar to snaps or string beans, just yellow) But the next crop is coming in....tomatoes. Home grown tomatoes! (there is nothing better)

These 5 were our first tomatoes. They weren't huge but they were GOOD!
These 2 are almost ripe as of today.
I picked this one today. It is a good size tomato. Notice the little green one right beside it.
These 3 small ones are on Olivia's cherry tomato plant. The girls are super excited to see them grow and are dying for them to ripen. As Isabella said, you just pop that kind in your mouth.
Right after I took this picture I barely moved the plant and this tomato fell off. So it has been ripening in our kitchen window. (since it is now ripe.....it will on our sandwiches tonight)

Our eggplant is growing and should be ready soon. I'll post pics as soon as you can tell what they are. Our pumpkins are flowering up nicely and should start producing fruit any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment