Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

This morning as I woke up, I heard rain. I don't know about everybody else but waking up to rain makes me just want to roll over and sleep. But that wasn't happening this morning. At 7:30 I texted my momma just to say Happy Mother's Day and that I loved her. (that's right 7:30 a little early but since it was Sunday morning I knew it would get busy and I didn't want to wait.)

With my cup of coffee I sat down to reflect on what it means to me to be a momma and what it means to have a momma.
Being a momma to me is the best "job" in the whole world. I have been entrusted to hold, love, teach, discipline, rock, hug, kiss, shape, and encourage my two amazing daughters. I can remember when I found out I was going to be a mom. I was 22 years old and scared to death that God would trust me enough to raise a child up in His ways. But He has not only blessed me with one daughter but two. Two beautiful girls who call me momma and rely on me to guide them, love them and shape them into the people God would have them be. In my eyes there is no higher honor than being called Momma.

And this is what it means to me to be the daughter of this woman, aka Mimi, aka my momma. I have so many wonderful amazing memories from childhood all because my momma was there to help me create them. She lead me, guided me, spanked me (of course I never needed those much, LOL), encouraged me, loved me, talked with me, cried with me, laughed with me, held me, hugged me, kissed my boo boos, took me everywhere and set the example of what a mother should be so that one day I could be what she was and is with my children. Thank you Mom for being the mother you were and are. Thank you for being an example I can follow. I thank God for you everyday. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment