Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weight Loss

I haven't updated on this area of my life in quite awhile. In December of 2010 I had reached a major milestone in my weight loss. I was walking 2.5 miles everyday, down to 180 pounds and wearing a size 14. I was elated! But then we moved. I continued to walk for the next few months after we moved but our new location was optimal for walking, so like most people I slacked off. And as you can imagine I started putting back on some weight. Saying that has brought me so much pain. I worked really hard for 10 months to get that weight off and now I am going to let it slip back on. Well the back sliding stops now. I can't continue to just let history repeat itself. So tomorrow I am starting some new workout programs. The first one is Zumba (on our X-box 360), I did this a month or so ago but then I hurt my back and had to stop. However, my back is better and Zumba is calling my name. (I love to dance so this Zumba is awesome!) My next work out will be Couch to 5 K. This is a 9 week program where you go from the couch to running a 5k. (Start: May 9, Finish:July 8) I have had quite a few friends who have done this program. They assure me it is not easy but it is well worth it. (This will be the harder workout for me since I am not a runner. Honestly, I have to think about if I would run if something was chasing me....LOL!) But I want to be able to run a 5k if I want to and right now I don't know that I could run to the end of my sidewalk if I had to.

So what I would ask of those of you who read my blog is to PRAY for me. Pray that I will have strengthen as I begin these new workouts. That I will make good and wise food choices. And that you will keep me accountable. (ask me if I did my workouts that day or how my my couch to 5k is going.) If you want to join me, come on. My den is big enough for more than one to do Zumba and I would love a running partner.

I will update each week as my workouts become more intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment