Thursday, May 5, 2011

Seminary

This is the sign we saw when we rolled into Wake Forest, NC on June 29, 2007. Our adventure at seminary was about to begin. As we started a new chapter in our lives that day the end (or graduation) seemed so far off. Honestly it felt and seemed like there would never be light at the end of the tunnel. However, the light at the end of the tunnel is bright and getting brighter everyday, as we are about to reach the end of this adventure we started almost 4 years ago. Travis will finish school the third week in June, he won't actually walk across the graduation stage until December. I thought that when we reached this great milestone my heart would be light and feel free. It does to a certain extent but then I find it heavy as well. I guess it is because seminary is all we have know for the past 4 years day in and day out. There have been good times and bad times, rejoicing time and sorrowful times, but I can honestly say that it is a time and season in my life that I will cherish. I have learned so much about myself, my marriage, my girls, my friends and my life. So as this season/time comes to a close in my life I wanted to reflect. Reflect on what life in the past 4 years has looked like.

2007

This is what my life looked like when we moved to Wake Forest, in the summer of 2007. Isabella was 5 years old and Olivia was 10 months old.


2008




2008 was a great year for both my girls. Isabella finished up her Kindergarten year. Olivia learned to walk and talk that year. Both the girls grew so much in 2008. We also bought a house in Youngsville in 2008 which made Wake Forest/Youngsville feel like home.





2009

2009 was a big year for Isabella she accepted the Lord as her saviour in December of 2008 and was baptized by her daddy in Jan. of 2009. She lost multiple teeth, was in a private school, Thales (thriving daily on the knowledge the wonderful teachers she had gave her) and she began to grown into an amazing young lady. 




2009 was a good year for Olivia as well. She finally grew some hair and got more teeth.

Christmas 2009




2010




2010 brought about a lot of change in our lives. We moved from Youngsville, NC to Potecasi, NC where Travis became the pastor of Potecasi Baptist Church. We dealt with horrible allergies, illness and mold in the house. We embarked on the adventures of homeschooling Isabella (since the schooling options were unacceptable.) 2010 was one for the record books and honestly I was glad to see it done.


2011


And so this brings me to life as we know it. Isabella is finishing up the third grade this week and will begin fourth grade in the fall. She is almost as tall as I am, has grown into a beautiful young lady, has braces, glasses and all the things that go with the "tween" years. Olivia is vibrant, full of energy and always ready for a new adventure. She is getting taller but still slender barely weighing 33 pounds. She will start Kindergarten in fall (and I am sure some teacher is going to retire after she finishes.....LOL!) As for me, I am a stay at home mom with a plate that is very full most days with all the usual stuff and sometimes unusual stuff. As for Travis, well he is finishing up this semester on the 17th of May. Then he turns right around the following Monday and starts his first of three summer classes that will end June 24th. And on the 24th of June we will be rejoicing for a chapter in our lives will close and a new one will begin. What a bold, brave, scary, fun, faithful, trying, sorrowful, exciting, courageous, stressful, loving and devoted time this has been. I am sure the next chapter will be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment