I might have mentioned this before, but Olivia LOVES unicorns. Every
time she prays, she asks God for a pet unicorn. We have explained
that there are no unicorns but she still prays for one and asks for one
all the time. So it was wonderful when Aunt Sissy (Travis's moms
sister) got her a mini pillow pet unicorn and the Last Unicorn movie.
Isabella got awesome stuff this year. The picture at the top she was opening a pirate coloring/sticker
book. Above she was so excited about new sweater and cool new sleep pants. She also loved getting
to hang out with her older cousin, Kaleb. (he's cool you know)
Then on Christmas Eve, my dad and the girls continued the tradition of
making a gingerbread house. (I think this is the 6th or 7th year they have
done this. Obiviously it started with Isabella years ago.) The girls always
look forward to doing this with their Grand. It is such a special time.
The finished product was so pretty.
I didn't have professional pictures done this year. (honestly, I just ran out of time)
But I did snap a few of the girls that turned out cute. Here are a few from Christmas
Eve, in front of my parents BEAUTIFULLY decorated mantle.
Our tree just before bed. I love the moment when everything is wrapped
and the tree is full. It is always so peaceful. What a reflection of how blessed
we are.
At our house, we do Santa. Each of the girls gets one present from Santa.
We have teetered on whether or not to keep doing Santa. But we both came
to the decision to keep doing it. Our decision stemmed from us doing it as
kids and the fact that we treat Santa as the spirit of giving. We don't over
exaggerate him or make him the focus around our house. When we talk
about him we always end it will the spirit of giving is what Santa is about.
I don't know that he will come to our house much longer, Isabella doesn't
really believe and Olivia is going to find out sooner than later.
Opening their presents from Santa. Olivia's was a Silly Hair La La Loopsy.
Isabella's was a DS game, eye glass purse and head phones. (we had to
bundle hers since it was all small stuff)
Here they are in their Christmas dresses. Neither one of them wanted
to have their picture taken, so I had to take what I could get.
Here are a few pics from Travis's moms house opening gifts.
Olivia got an antique baby cradle from Aunt Amy. Isabella got a remote control
Hummer. Those were absolute hits!!! Their Mamaw got them lots of great
toys too!
These are at my parents. Olivia and Emma Grace (my niece) got fairy wings
as part of their Christmas. Can you tell they LOVED them!
Kallon (my nephew) He is just adorable.
I didn't get pictures of the girls opening gifts at my parents house. (it got crazy) Isabella's big gift was a Kindle and Olivia's was a Leap pad tablet. Travis and I got great gifts from everyone. We sat down Christmas night as we looked at everything we all got and thanked God for how blessed we are.













No comments:
Post a Comment