As I sat in the audience watching and waiting for Travis's name to be called, I felt the tears start rolling down my face. They were tears of joy, happiness, excitement, relief and sadness. But I couldn't help but wonder what Travis was thinking and how he was feeling. I think this picture captures everything, a picture is worth 1000 words. What a precious moment for him. One of accomplishment and finalization.
Travis and Dr. Akin
I love this picture. I know Travis's mom is so proud of him. She was one proud momma yesterday.
This is what Olivia found to do after graduation was over. She was happy to get to make noise and be outside.
The graduate and the diploma!!!!
Travis with my parents. They are so proud of him!!!
We tried to do a family Christmas pic while we were all dressed up.....but Olivia really wasn't in the mood for pictures. (can you tell!)
As I said above it was a day of joy, happiness, excitement, relief and sadness. The joy, happiness and relief that what he/we came to do in Wake Forest 4 1/2 years ago was done.
The girls the day before we moved and 2 days after we had moved.
But yesterday was also filled with sadness. Sadness that Travis's dad wasn't there to see him completely what he started. (His Dad was so proud of him and the decision he had made to follow God's calling.) Sadness that a chapter in our lives was done. Seminary has been all we have know for the last 4 1/2 years. What a precious time in our lives. It has changed all of us.



No comments:
Post a Comment