Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Dangerous Jingle Bell Jog

On Friday at school Olivia had a little accident. During music they went outside to do the Jingle Bell jog around the track. 14 kindergarteners took off like reindeer, prancing and singing Jingle Bells. As Olivia was moving her hands up to make antlers her feet got tangled up with one of her friends and down she went. Face first on the asphalt. She didn't even have time to get her hands down. Her sweet little noggin took the full hit. I got a call on my cell and couldn't get to it in time. The message that was left was from the school nurse (who thankfully is an RN). She said Olivia has fallen and has a little boo boo. Please give me a call back. When I call the school, the nurse tells me she is okay but has a little boo boo and could I come on and get her. I was expecting skinned knees, a busted lip or something like that. But when I walked in and saw this, it took my breath away. I gasped.....a little boo boo. Who are we kidding. My sweet girl has a major egg on her head. So off to the peds off we went, I called his cell phone on my way and he wanted to see her immediately. He checked her over completely and said she is one lucky little girl. The egg on her head would go down and probably bruise with many colors but she didn't have a concussion and she didn't break anything. (He told me that when children fall and hit their head like she did they normally have a concussion, break teeth or knock out teeth. They even break their collar bone a lot of times. But she didn't! Praise the Lord!) She is 4 days past the fall now and it is healing nicely. It is bruising a little but over all it is doing great. No more Jingle Bell jog for this little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously?!? Little boo boo??? Sounds like she needs a "little boo boo" and then see what she says!

    ReplyDelete