Saturday, December 17, 2011

Flops of a big day

We took off Wednesday for Wake Forest. Travis had to be there Thursday morning for graduation practice. We dropped off our stuff at Cary and Ashley's house (they were generous and let us stay with them instead of paying for a hotel) and headed to Potecasi for Wednesday night service. It was nice to have service with our former church and exchange Christmas cards. After the service we headed back to Cary and Ashley's. Thursday began with Travis heading to practice and I got to go visit with Ashely Bruner (her and her husband Nick rent our house in Youngsville) and their sweet new addition, Selah. After that we tried to finish up our Christmas shopping (which we are miserably behind on) with not much luck. With no luck of finishing we headed back to Cary and Ashley's to hang out and wait on our families to get there. (Oh how I miss playing cards with Ash!!!!! I use to get beat like a drum......but not that night. I must have been on top of my game or Ash was off of hers.) Then Friday, the big day rolled around. It started off with a bang and not the good kind. Olivia has had a horrible cold for weeks and is now in the awful coughing phase. She has so much yuck that she coughs until she throws up. And well.....she did multiple times yesterday morning. A day that was suppose to be all about Travis turned into a day of cleaning up throw up, rushing around, an unpressed graduation gown, walking outside to keep Olivia cool and so she wouldn't be gaging and throwing up during graduation. I felt horrible that I wasn't able to make it more of a special day that honored just him. I pray he knows how proud we are of him and what an honor it was to stand up as his spouse when he accepted his diploma he had worked so hard for.

No comments:

Post a Comment